The Walker and He groups are establishing a partnership with the NSF Center for Genetically Encoded Materials (C-GEM) to explore ways to use RiPP biosynthetic enzymes to create new materials and medicines.
Summer Undergraduate Research Program
- 10 week full-time mentored research opportunity in a C-GEM lab
- Exact dates vary by campus, typically June – July
- Programming to support your development as a scientist
- Includes housing and a stipend (minimum stipend: $6,000)
- No prior research experience required!
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Applications due by Feb 19
This program is an opportunity to perform research during the summer in C-GEM affiliated laboratories at UC Berkeley, Yale, Cornell, Georgia Tech, Boston College, and University of Minnesota.
More information is available at C-GEM’s website, but UNM students should use the link below to submit their applications. If you have any questions, please contact Mark Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org)